BJL APPRAISAL can act as an independent agent for the sale of your fine and decorative art. We recommend the appropriate sales venue and oversee each step of the sale process. Taking into consideration the needs of the seller and the type of item, we will either facilitate a private sale or recommend an appropriate auction house or an appropriate venue for charitable donation.
BJL Appraisal offers a comprehensive range of services to assist in the disposition of property, including:
• Negotiation on behalf of the seller throughout the sales process;
• Research and demonstration of recent sale comparables;
• Assistance with arranging care, framing, storage, transport and conservation where it will enhance sale price;
• Arrangements with charitable institutions for donations, loans and gifts;
• Arrangements for household cleanouts and estate liquidation;
• Arrangements for staging for real estate sales.
FOR OUR CLIENTS who wish to begin or build on a collection, BJL Appraisal provides expertise, guidance and support. We research suitable objects that meet the clients' goals. Since we do not maintain an inventory, we are able to present our clients with unbiased opinions of the quality, authenticity and value of objects available for purchase. We use our knowledge of the market and strong working relationships with dealers and auction houses to select and present the best art available in the current market. In addition, we can arrange all art handling from shipping, storage, insurance and installation to framing, cleaning and conservation.
IF YOU ALREADY have a collection, we can help you manage it. We catalogue all the details of your collection including photos, current values, purchase details, location and provenance and sale history on a database providing a full digital archive which can be sorted for different purposes. We can arrange conservation, cleaning, reframing and installation.
For established collections, we can assist with insurance appraisals, deaccession, donations, loans, authentication and research.